St. Augustine’s, fondly known as ‘the Wee Church on the Walls’, sits on the Grand Parade of Derry’s Walls on the site of St. Columba’s first monastery in Ireland. Currently recruiting Volunteer Tourism Guides, this is an exciting opportunity especially for those interested in history and heritage. Key activities include:
- To guide/direct visitors in chuch and graveyard
- To help with opening/closing procedures
- To provide a friendly welcome to visitors
- To work as part of a small, dedicated team
- To promote the church's ethos of family/heritage/culture and outreach
For more information please submit an online expression of interest.