Introducing Volunteer Friendly
We are very excited to offer the Volunteer Friendly Award to organisations in the North West, a self-assessment quality standard for any business or organisation that involves volunteers.
It has never been more important for groups to show how good they are at managing volunteers, and we are delighted to be able to support local organisations in achieving this award.
What is the Volunteer Friendly Award?
The Volunteer Friendly Award is a user-friendly quality standard to support, recognise and reward groups who are good at involving volunteers. The programme originated in Scotland, but we are very pleased to now be able to offer the award to organisations in the North West.
Simply register with us, complete the assessment steps, submit it for approval and receive your award! Not only will it recognise the work your organisation already does to welcome your volunteers, but it will help to show prospective volunteers that you are ready and equipped to make them part of your organisation.
The Application Process
Benefits of the Volunteer Friendly Award
- It’s volunteer focused to ensure that all volunteers have a great experience
- It sets an achievable level for all volunteer programmes
- it highlights and demonstrates good practice in volunteer management
- It shows commitment and value to volunteers
- It is a supportive development opportunity
How Much Does It Cost?
The costs to receive a Volunteer Friendly Award are as follows:
- FREE for organisations with an income of £100,000 or less per annum and un-constituted groups
- £49.99 for organisations with an income between £100,000 and £150,000 per annum
- £99.99 for organisations with an income between £150,000 and £200,000 per annum
The cost includes one-to one support to develop your volunteer programme and achieve the award; engagement with volunteers, a three year membership for achievers and an achievement certificate and digital badge to display on your website and social media platforms.