Stroke Association support groups provide vital support to people affected by stroke. They offer support to stroke survivors, carers, family and friends. Built on friendships and fun, they are a safe and supportive space to try things again, to learn more about stroke and self-care and to build confidence as people rebuild their lives.
What the role involves:
- Assisting group committee members in arranging activities and events
- Supporting people to take part in activities organised by the group
- Helping to set-up and clear away venues where the goup meets
- Meeting and greeting group members, and helping them feel supported
- Preparing and providing refreshments
The role provides an opportunity to engage with your local community, meet new people and be part of a vibrant and engaging local team. Training for this role is also provided so volunteers can feel confident in the role and give the best possible support to stroke survivors, additional learning opportunities will also be available to develop your skills and experience.
Where and when you would volunteer:
The role is located in:
Location: YMCA Community Hub Building, 51 Glenshane Rd, Drumahoe, Derry/Londonderry
Time: 10.00 - 12.00