Lets talk about Inclusion
This interactive conference gave participants the opportunity to join table discussions and meet people from their area. It was a chance to learn about others in the community and ask questions you would not ordinarily have the opportunity to ask.
It was a really enjoyable day with the emphasis on good conversation and entertainment enjoyed over lunch.
Table themes included topics such as
1) Ask the politicians - your chance to have your say! - Hosted by local politicians
2) Life as a Muslim living in Northern Ireland. Hosted by the Northern Ireland Muslim Family Association.
3) Equality - what does it really mean?. Hosted by Disability Action Group NI.
4) 'Not a Label' - A focus on learning disabilities. Hosted by Destined and Sion Mills Special Olympics Club.
5) Employability for all - Hosted by Youth Action.
6) Moving on from The Troubles
7) Indian Culture and my life here - Hosted by Jossy Ali
8) Hearing loss and navigating the modern world - Hosted by Action on Hearing Loss.
9) Sight loss and the implications of being visually impaired in today's society. Hosted by RNIB.