To deliver the ChildLine Schools Service to primary school children, with a focus on seven to 11 year olds, using the agreed assembly presentation and classroom workshop, in order to increase children’s understanding of abuse (including bullying), how to protect themselves and what help is available to them.
- Working in pairs to deliver assemblies and classroom sessions to children
- Staying in contact with the local Area Coordinator and other volunteers
- Delivering of the agreed minimum schools per academic year
- Meeting with Head Teachers and other school staff (where appropriate) to talk about the Schools Service
- Taking part in regular training
- Adhere to child protection and safeguarding practices and communicate any child protection concerns according to ChildLine Schools Service guidelines and procedures.
- Be available Monday to Friday during term times and during the usual school day (9am – 3pm)
- Deliver the agreed minimum numbers of schools per year.
Training and support
All volunteers will need to complete the initial assessed training for this role which will include 3 online modules and 2 days face to face. After this volunteers will be provided with ongoing support and development by the local Area Coordinator and other volunteers who they will meet with on a regular basis.
- Volunteers will work in local communities and must have access to private or public transport to get to schools
- All volunteers will be required to attend periodic training to develop their skills and knowledge in their role to enhance delivery of the ChildLine Schools Service programme.
- Volunteers will working in local com munities and must have access to private/public transport to get to schools within specified school delivery times.
This volunteering role requires an enhanced criminal record check – these include Access N.I. check for Northern Ireland, Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check for Scotland and an Enhanced CRB check for England. Volunteers will be asked to provide all relevant documents for the NSPCC to carry out these checks.